Thursday, June 11, 2015

Marathon Training Week One

Sunday, June 7

My style usually consists of black this, black that, and some polka dots. But when I'm running, I'm like tropical bird, bitch.


Today was spent running 6 miles from our apartment to roughly SE Glastone and SE 25th in Portland. It was a HOT day, almost 90. I did the right thing and followed my husband (who is adorably milky-white and freckly) in slathering myself head to two (even under the mesh panels of my top) with 55 SPF sunscreen. Not only did I get a nice little toast, but I sweated my ass off and it felt amazing.

My biggest takeaway from this run was seeing my husband, who also is training with me, enjoy his run so much. He hasn't been running lately and was worried about jumping right into a relatively big 6 miles. As he declared mile 5, he seemed giddy and proud. Those feelings radiated straight onto me and I felt so happy for him.

Tuesday, June 9

Today my morning run took place at one of my favorite places in the world - the beach. During a short last-minute trip to Seaside, OR, I took the opportunity to run 3 miles on their oceanfront Promenade as friendly fellow runners and strollers all said "hello."

Above is the sea grasses making up part of the expansive shore with the northern side of Tillamook Head in the foggy distance. Sign, the fresh sea air!

Wednesday, June 10


Another day on the beach! Oh! Life is hard! But not today. Half of my 3 miles were done again on the Promenade, but then I just had to get on the sand. This beach's broad span and the low tide made it easy to run on firm sand. While it doesn't offer a lot to beachcombers, there's still a lot of lovely sights.




Thursday, June 11

Back in Portland, I did my 3 miles on a typical route that I usually take, which leads me to the closest public fountain I know of to me, at SE 60th and Division. I love these things!

Week one down.

No comments: