Friday, June 26, 2015

Marathon Training Week Three

I don't have any pictures from my training this week, so here's a picture of a surfing alpaca!

Sunday RUNDAY - 5 miles.

This was a big accomplishment for me today because it was the first time I ran 5 miles in less than an hour! It took me 58 minutes, so just under, but still! It could have had to do with the fact that we ran into a slightly sketchy part of Clackamass that I was eager to get out of, but hey, it got me to push myself! Running longer than three miles at a time and to not break more than 12 minutes a mile is an accomplishment for me. Go me!

Tuesday 6/23

Nice afternoon 3 miles to 60th and Division's water fountain. Did come across a weirdo walking around grabbing his junk...which reminds me that I should think more about a "Take Back the Night" style run. It'd be really cool to lead something like that!

Wednesday 6/24

Evening run and hot as fuck. Seriously hot. Ran 4 miles somehow.

Thursday 6/25

Today was v hot again. In fact, I got dehydrated on just 3 miles. Thank goodness for the water fountain at Essex Park, just a minute walk from my apartment. I'm not sure if I would have made it all the way home.

This week was pretty good despite the heat!

No comments: