Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Saw a valley this weekend, it scared me, but it was so beautiful. And I had to admit, there has to be some god if something like that can just be. It didn't move, didn't do anything but stared at me staring at it, and probably scoffed. The valley is beautiful and it is frightening, that's reverance. Perhaps it is frightening because it is so beautiful. Maybe it's beautiful because it is so frightening. I'll take the latter. Let me try an analogy- god:valley::beauty:fear. It's been a while since I took the SATs kids.

I also fed cows this weekend. They ate apples out of my hand and had cat-like sandpapery tongues, only about ten times bigger. They mooed rather loud too, and that was the last straw for me. I could take the odd staring competition-all of them, I mean all 20+ cows staring at me, moving their heads at the in sync, but a sudden MOO made me stand closer to my friend and say "let's go now." He laughed at me.

This weekend I also met a kitten named Major Tom. I tried kidnapping, or catnapping her and gray tabby adorable-ness, but that mission failed. I got an icecream cone for 90 cents, waved to two train conductors, and got two Easter baskets.

The best part was relaxing on a bridge. Playing "Pooh Sticks" and almost winning. We took rocks from the bridge and tossed them -two of us one at time, the other bouncing them off the arms of the bridge and then listening for the pitters of handfuls falling in the creek. We talked about Winnie the Pooh and talked about Perspectivism. There were a lot of wild flowers, and I picked two.

:)

No comments: