Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dear Jacket

It's that time of year again. I know that it's soon, but the premature cool weather has given me reason to layer. However, I am not in your arms. You are at home, on my chair, in the barren bedroom. Jacket, I have been cheating on you again. First it was Blazer, now it has become Jean. While Jean Jacket is hip and fitted nicely, you, Jacket (original Jacket), are still my number one at heart. I've worn you in the snow when it was thermally inappropriate, I've worn you in May just for fun, I've worn you while dancing to Billy Idol songs. You're always at the greatest of events and appearing in the greatest of memories. Do not fret! Just know that the first days of fall when we can smell leaves and pumpkins in the air, I will be with you.

Love,
Angela

No comments: