Sunday, October 03, 2004

Dear Jacket,

Hello. It's been a while. I missed you more than I realized. I suppose I've been neglecting you, why with Blazer and all. Blazer is new, that's all, and stylish, and cute. Target rocks as far as Blazers go. However, don't forget, Jacket, you're still my number one. Blazer doesn't have a zipper that goes all the way up. Blazer doesn't have homemade pockets to keep my hands warm and occupied. Blazer doesn't have cool patches and pins from all over the world. Blazer doesn't have nearly 8 years of history with me. I remember when I got you, that one Christmas, 7th grade. Oh, it's been a long time, Jacket. Though, you're clearly not for winter, I wear you anyway. I layer, and you oblige. My scarfs all look so good on you. My found pennies fit so well in your little arbitrary pockets, homemade, thank you. I remember when I cut my hair to above my shoulders senior year, and then I could decorate the back of you, Jacket. Remember when I got really overly creative and sewed Barbie dresses on you? Everyone has their bad fashion phase. When I went to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago, and walked through the display of rock stars' clothes. I imagined you there, Jacket. Hey, maybe we'll even make it to the Smithsonian someday, next to Mr. Rodger's cardigan. Everywhere we go, people turn their heads to see this lovely jacket wearing me.
I just want to thank you for keeping me warm this morning, our first morning in a while, and first for many to come. You're like the arms of a sweetheart, though, so much more cordoroy-y.
I thank you, Jacket. Even though you're stuck in the employee closet right now, I'm thinking of you. See you outside after work!
Love,
Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,
Thank you for your kind words. I have waited all year to accompany you once again on your daily excursions, and I could not be happier. I would also like you to know that your comments could not have come at a better time, as I was planning the unfortunate and accidental demise of Blazer. That cocky bastard would never have seen it coming. Also you smell nice but need more closet space.

Sincerely,
Joe....I mean, Jacket