Monday, July 06, 2015

Marathon Training Week Four

Sunday 6/28 - 9 miles!

I thought that maybe last week's magic 5 miles under an hour was a fluke, but nope! Today's 9 mile run, the first truly long run, imo, during this program was a piece of cake. I was worried because this is where I start to break down. While I have happily crossed four half-marathon finish lines, I always start to FEEL it around 9 miles.

Thanks to the Springwater Trail, I was able to blow through miles 5 to 8 without even realizing how far I'd gone. If I wasn't totally in the zone, I would pull out my phone and snap pictures of some of my favorite points of interests during my route, such as the footbridge over McLoughlin/99 or this really cool building somewhere on the southwestern end of Sellwood that has waterfowl painted on it. My average pace was 11:15/mile! Woo!

One of my favorite ways to carb up.

 Tuesday 7/1 

Three miles in the morn'. 

Beer=the most fun way to carb up.
Wednesday 7/2 

Woke up at the crack of dawn to run 5 miles. Shudder. 

Eating healthy is beautiful in Oregon!
Thursday 7/3

Today I just needed to sleep in. There was no choice. Sometimes you just need to sleep off the sleeps! Took an afternoon three-mile run around the 'hood.

No comments: