Tuesday, February 01, 2005

An email from Shontae in Scotland!!!

Hi everybody!

I'll try and keep this short...I'm on day two in Scotland. It's been fun so far, today we did some sight-seeing and such. I don't actually get to campus (or even Stirling for that matter) until Saturday, and we don't start classes until next Thursday. Also, the weather here has been AMAZING. It's been so sunny and warm, like spring...but it's supposed to get really crappy this weekend, so we'll see.

There are eight girls in my group, and they all seem really cool. We went out to dinner together, tonight to this really funny Mexican restaurant that played a lot of Elvis music and some mariachi music. The waiters liked to pick on us as well. We're going to a pub next, so that should be fun too.

Today, we went to the Castle of Edinburgh and the Museum of Scotland. Both were really nice. The museum was HUGE and we didn't get to see all of it, so I'll have to go back at some point. Oh, I also saw three random guys wearing kilts today - one at the museum, one walking down the street as we were going to the castle, and one as we were leaving the castle. I managed to quickly take a picture of one.

I got my school address today, so if anyone wants that, be sure to let me know. Mail is always welcome (hint, hint). I start homestay tomorrow for like two or three days.

That's about it so far... I'll keep in touch.

Talk to you all later.

Shontae

No comments: