Friday, May 20, 2005

Somewhere there have got to be large mammals on ice

Posted by Hello
I wanted to go iceskating last night

Last night, my mom picked me up from work and then we went to eat at Drew's Resturant in Forrest Hills. We had a good time chatting and such. My mom later said, to our cat Leo, that it's fun to be with me because she can act fifteen and it be okay. That was very nice.

Then, since I didn't have to work today, I decided to watch TV as long as I could and wait for those leggy bugs to come crawling from the bathroom downstairs. We have those leggy, ugly, furry, brownish bugs in the house, and almost every night one skitters from the bathroom and across the ivory living room rug. I don't like to kill bugs. I don't really, but I also and skittish about killing big ugly bugs like that. Shut up! I am. It's okay. What's not okay is that I started watching Flashdance and decided I would watch the movie once and for all. Almost all my girlfriends just love, love, love that piece of crap movie. So I started watching it, seeing the same scenery and buildings I've seen almost everyday of my life (being that it was filmed in Pittsburgh) and just got bored. But, it did get me reminicing about when I was a young dreamer like that girl. Though I still have ambitions, I don't feel as impressionable and light headed as that girl did. I guess what I mean is that I feel like a cynical old brat.

And there was a scene where the dancer's friend was trying to show her how to ice skate, and that made me want to ice skate. I've only been 2 or 3 times, and over this past X-mas break I got the hang of it.

No comments: