Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why do hipsters suddenly appear...

This morning I went to Kiva Han on Craig for a hot chocolate. I thought to myself, as the girl with sort-of-my-haircut and the straight leg pants steamed my milk, "Why the hell do hipsters all work here?" It must be discrimination. I don't think that I am hip enough to work there, that's why I hang out at the library. The library is for people like me. I like to leave the desk every so often and run for a book or two. Then, I read them at the desk and zone out for a while. Can I do that at Kiva Han? Nope. I have to steam milk and look hip. Looking hip can't be easy either, no way. Here, I just have to wear some clothes. Kiva Han, I have to wear tight, straight leg pants and a novelty t-shirt. You know what, who am I fooling. I could fit right in. I look the role, I probably wouldn't have to audition. I bet if I wore my eyeglasses for the interview I would get right in. I don't even have to try to look this cool, though. I was born this way. Is it hip to ramble and forget what one was even talking about? Well, if so, again I am in. Still, I would rather be in the library.

No comments: