Sunday, July 04, 2004

My So Called Life...ANGELA-

Ahh, fuck me. The night is full of Angelas.
I came across "My So Called Life" reruns on the bounded satellite @ casa de bayout. Dear old "Angela" with her red hair and high school drama. I watched the episode when "Angela" admitted to Jordan Catalano that she was not ready to have sex with him. When I look back at those days when I was 13 watching this show for the first time, I think they all had to do with "Angela" freaking out about not being ready to have sex with Jordan Catalano yet. Still, God, it made me feel all fuzzy and nestalgic inside for about 4 minutes. Probably about as long as Jordan Catalano would have lasted anyhow, what the hell was she so worried about? Perhaps, it was that very fact?
And then there was a Greyhound commercial...
Girl-African American-curly hair-headphones on-perhaps soulful alto sweet lovin?-Greyhound assumes this is their demographic. Oh, but anyway, an invisible, giant hand scralled her name, "Angela" across the bus window like John Madden at the Halftime show. It was really dumb.
I have come across these "Angelas" 2 times. 2, Twice my dear. Only one more time, a third time, will break the spell-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anjeeeluh! I didn't know you could get comments, otherwise I would've posted long, long ago! Oh so long ago...

Ah, nostalgia, breaks yer heart, dun't it? I love nostalgia. Memories. Ahhh. How are your two favorite Angelas these days? Still young and prosperous?

By the way, it is I, Shontae! And I will be ending my comment here and now. I'll give you wonderful ladies a call sometime this week, as a matter of the fact!