Saturday, March 05, 2005

Watch out for the asbestos

-said one of my co-workers (at the Carnegie Library) this morning. Indeed, when I reached the basement I noticed that the shipping department was all closed off with a bright orange and black sign saying "DANGEROUS! KEEP OUT!"

This is some text from an inter-library email:


Notice of Asbestos Abatement Work:

The removal and disposal of asbestos-containing materials will be conducted as a part of the Main Library basement renovation work. Abatement is required under United States Environmental Protection Agency and Allegheny County Health Department regulations when renovation work will impact asbestos-containing materials.


The work will be done in accordance with all applicable US EPA, OSHA, PA Department of Environmental Protection, PA Department of Labor & Industry and Allegheny County Health Department rules, standards and regulations. A licensed, asbestos abatement contractor shall conduct the abatement according to project requirements and all applicable regulations.

The work areas will be isolated from entry by building occupants. Continuous air monitoring shall be conducted throughout the duration of the work to ensure the integrity of the work areas and the safety of building occupants.It is common for asbestos abatement work to be conducted inside occupied buildings. The health and safety of building occupants is of primary importance.

So, I'm at work now...

meanwhile, from Shontae's bloogity bloog- "I belched in the posh Indian restaurant
(I'll call this one an homage to Angela)"

I heart you, Shontae. I heart you and I miss you, you bitch.

No comments: