Monday, August 23, 2004

It's a Mystery

Stacy and I are watching this movie called "Mystery Alaska," and it's in this small town called, Mystery, Alaska - go figure. Almost all the women in it wear very little makeup and dress in conservative sweaters and pants. They're very plain, still pretty, but plain. I wondered to myself then if one of the women got herself made up, wore a sexy dress, sultry makeup, stilletos, etc, would it make a big stir in the town? The characters are initially very simple and classic, teenagers in love, children look up to their fathers. They are all so simple, like Crayola's box of 8. I put on makeup and sort of dress up everyday, and things are not simple, there are layers and layers of translucent and opaque layers. Complicated! And I think about what a little makeup would do for a woman who would most likely care less about Cover Girl. There's me walking down the street with my clothes and my makeup and my sexual politics among other pretentions, how fucking jaded I am! I am part of this jaded and apathetic land of 18-25 year olds. I looked out the window, since it was in my view, it was all dark, which made me very depressed to be stuck, or feel stuck in such a pathetic niche, if it can be called a niche. I don't feel like talking about this anymore. I'm feeling better. There are things to live for, that old saying, cliches, things to live for like love. I do believe that only from experience. Skeptical, add that to jaded and apathetic. No, skeptical is good. Skeptical cannot be apathetic. But skeptical could be just cynical. Ah, shit.
There is a good line from the movie:
"What the fuck ass fuck of a bum fuck shithole town..."

No comments: