Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Mary Mary Mary

So, while I was shelving books, I came across Warhol: The Biography. I thought, ooo, I might like this. Now, I look through the pictures, and they're nice, he was cute when he was really young. Then he got kind of funny looking, probably from messing too much with himself, being too self-concious. I start reading the book, from the first page, first paragraph, and it's boring. I flip through, and I read "The Carnegie Museem classes were split into two groups. The Tam O'Shanters, names in honor of the Scottish-born Andrew Carnegie, were the younger members..." Who cares, man--

If I become famous, I really hope no one wastes time researching and expelling mundane details about my life like it's that important. I suppose that's what a biography is.

Also, if I become famous, I want people to write all sorts of things about me that aren't true, and I want them to make exagerations and make everything sound considerably glamorous and wild. There will be forged black and white pictures of me and good looking people that knew me for a few days, make them all look like lifelong friends in my battles with drugs, alcohol, and stardom. "Candide" black and white pictures of me smoking with Lou Reed outside Max's Kansas City, -is that what it was/is called?---

Kids will read books about me and think I was really cool.

No comments: