Friday, December 31, 2004

Keep Your Latvia Off My Cherry Coke

Hi. Happy New Years. Now, curl up with yourself and watch The Twilight Zone Marathon on the SciFi channel. Later, party @ RingaRingaRinga's and Jessses. Earlier, getting acquainted with my new iPod, which is the coolest piece of technology I will abandon an old fashioned record player for. (And I know that the record player will haunt me still!...) Anything the size of a deck of cards that can play music, with decent sound, consecutively and without repeat for 2 and a half weeks is pretty cool. Though, with its spacey metallic mirror back and steril white theme, I find it not as lively, as "personifiable" as the Haunted Record Player.
...
I did my hair with my new curling iron. It looks RAD! It's all funky and cool and yeah.
...
I was listening to Stories From the City, Stories from the Sea by PJ Harvey (on my cd player, mind you, I was doodling my hair, and the cd player may soon be coughing restless spirits) and I realized the album's theme of time and place. The whole thing is about falling in love (Oh, such an original idea) and then out. Still, it's my favorite PJ Harvey album. The songs that are the most "lovey dovey" are in past tense and set in the city, like "You Said Something" and "Good Fortune." Then, the sad ones are in present tense and are more psychological, take place in the mind. "We Float," you can say, is sort of predicts the future and is more bittersweet so to say. So, a combination of the past and present is the future? Hrm... Anyway, I thought that was good what she did, though, it seems kind of obvious to me now, but still, it could be subtle. And maybe Pajamas Harvey didn't mean anything like this at all and I am just weird. Though, I will keep it in mind~
...
Happy Birthday!

No comments: