Saturday, December 18, 2004

Stephan Hawking...

In this passed Sunday's New York Times Magazine, Stephen Hawking was briefly interviewed. Here are some of the things I thought were intereting:

NYT: What's your I.Q?
HAWKING: I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.
...

NYT: Are you always this cheerful?
H: Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.

NYT: Seriously, how do you keep your spirits up?
H: My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.

...

NYT: Do you believe in God?
H: I don't believe in a personal God.

NYT: What do you think of President Bush's plan to get to Mars in 10 years?
H: Stupid. Robots would do a better job and be much cheaper because you don't have to bring them back.

NYT: Do you think people will ever line on a planet besides Earth?
H: Yes, if we don't self-destruct first.

~

I like him. I would love to have lunch with him because I bet chatting with Stephan Hawking would be a lot of fun and interesting. I like his mixture of cynicism, honesty, and optimism. I shall invite him over for cards along with Einstein, Newton, and Data from Star Trek...

No comments: