Monday, March 08, 2004

hon' est adj free from deceit; marked by integrity; respectable; trustworthy; fair --hon' es-ty n --hon'est-ly adv .

That is also one of my favorite words-the adjective especially.

You can tell people what they want to hear, or you can be honest. That's assuming people don't want to hear the truth. I think that's an honest assumption, huh?

Honestly, think about honesty, and be honest.

And why is it that some people are so offended when others are (saying that they are) being honest?

And when one says she or he is being honest, how can you believe them?

I suppose this all came about when started realizing how
much I dislike a lie.

For now, let's just all agree to be honest
with ourselves
first
because, if you tell yourself things you know are not true
-and you become a lie-
then you can't possibly be honest
to other people--
unless you are an honest liar.

In The English Patient, the young, yet intellectually mature, Katherine says the one thing she hates most is a lie.
And when her lover is asked about a certain bite saw on his body, he says it is from a fall or a fox, he's not sure. Katherine chimes in and says it could be from a woman. And the men laugh, but she was being honest.

Honesty is the best policy. -That's one of few cliches I believe to be true.

I will close this entry with a few lines from a guy who wears vivid green pants up to his armpits and pearls and calls himself Andre 3000:

"I don't want to meet your daddy,
I just want you in my Cady.
I don't want to meet your mama,
I just want to make you cumma.
I'm just being honest."

~"Hey Ya" Outkast

No comments: