Thursday, March 11, 2004

Pragmatic means practical or opposed to the idealistic. I just learned that from my homepage's "word of the day." Words are cool.

***

I had a dream I was on a boat in an ocean that studied aquatic life. I watched seals and dolphins play, until a HUGE Great White Shark comes around. I backed away from where I was watching. That's when one of the scientists went to the edge of the boat and the shark jumped out of the water with its jaws wide open, it could have been smiling. I thought I saw the guy disappear into the white splash of water made by the shark's force, but he came back later with a few bloody scratches on one of his hands. However, after seemingly seeing the man disappear, a woman in a black suit ran around panicking, and fell into the water. Creepy, woman in a black suit, she was dressed for her funeral, heh.

--Dana tells me she had a dream last night about nearly getting chomped on by an alligator. Weird!

***

But, I am partial to alligators. I'll have a pet one someday, he'll be named Gromit or Chris, I haven't decided yet. He'll have his very little red water dish on my front porch with his name on it, and he'll just sit there people watching, slurping his water. And all the kids will be able to come up and pet him and say "Hi Gromit or Chris." and G / C will purr away with all the attention he gets. However, when robbers or squirrels come around, the only purring going on will be in his stomach after he eats them.

***

In my dream I was saying that getting lost in the ocean is my biggest fear. Like the woman in the black, she was without anything in all that danger. I never was really that afraid of the ocean. But it is quite vast and powerful. It's pure nature.

***

But that's not it. In between sleep, thinking about the dream, I thought, if I were lost in the middle of the ocean stalked by a shark, I might as well give up, not even tread, and just sink away. It is nature after all, it's going to win anyway.

***

Though, I think it is more of the vastness of the solitude of being exhausted and surrounded by all that is more powerful than you as a single human, that is scary.

***

So, kids, let go and float and don't be afraid to just float away and sink and prove you are a part of the world. That's the decision based on faith.

No comments: