Sunday, March 07, 2004

So, here are the main points for my Womanifesto:
-Independence
-Honesty
-Individual

The book Cunt by Inga Muscio suggested every woman write a "Womanifesto." Here she talks about it:

Defining and articulating your beliefs serves you in any context. By taking
that step further and causing those beliefs to exist in the material world, you
contribute to a social climate of cuntlovin' evolution...

A womanifesto does not have to be written. It can be a song, dance, painting or
whatever medium stirs passionnin your heart.
(185)

I think this is a great thing for any woman, any age; any socioecon. status; any religion; any whatever to do. I have done mine (in writing, my favorite medium). I started it after I finished Cunt which was a while ago, and I am still perfecting it. Only part of it I posted above. It can be a lot of fun, but mostly an interesting thought provoking process - thinking about society, gender / sex, but especially deeply thinking about yourself -all this as a woman.

I also greatly suggest reading Cunt. My friend Dana suggested it to me, and I loved it. My personal opinion, some of it is rather radical, Muscio is obviously a man-hater, a little but of a flake. BUT, she writes the book as objective as she can, she "warns" the reader about her predisposition, which has its slight undertones, but does not interfere when the reader is willing to communicate. ***And not just for girls either. I think it is an very interesting book for a man to read. Muscio doesn't suggest this anywhere, and though I don't think she would. Though, I do. Guys ought to read this and be proud of their

so-called
counterparts.

That's Cunt: a declaration of independence. Muscio, Inga. Published in 1998.
IBSN: 1-58005-015-8

See what all this Cuntlovin' is about.

No comments: