Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Guy Who Runs It

So, I was going to post another part of the T.S. Eliot poem, but, funck that. The first part is the best one. I'm just sort of trying to kill time on this boring day at work. I've been reading this but, my headache is not allowing me to so much. There, I turned the lights on over the desk, there, I feel instantly better! I am healed. I wish that I could play music while I worked, you know, play music in the library. You know, the library. I could also just sit and stare blankly at something, like for instance this here newpaper bin.

Speaking of the library, does anyone else know about the TOP SECRET ROOM? You know, The Room?

I think that I was told that it's up on 8th stack. There's this room that holds all these rare and expensive books, first issues and signed copies of things like War and Peace and Lord of the Rings and such. There's old old old Bibles, there's official government documents from way back. I bet there's a signed, original copy of Mein Kampf, right next to George Washington's Bible. The room is temperture controlled to be 70 degrees all the time. And, there's only one person who works there. He has the best job in the whole world. He just sits there all day in this temperture controled room with the tablets from Mount Sinai chilling in the back. There's supposedly Persian rugs on the floor, (and a pin ball machine, a Slushie machine, and a 52 inch TV with a satillite.) No one is allowed up there, unless they are a librarian and they have a reason to go in there, but they have to know exactly what it is they want, and it has to be for something like research. You have to call at least a day ahead of time and make an appointment with the guy who runs it. You can't just show up, like, I couldn't just show up and want to look around. Plus, I bet the guy who runs it sits around in there in his undies and watches cartoons and eats Cheetos all day anyway. No one wants to see that. You have to give him time at least to put his pants.
Well, someday, when I get a degree in historical archiving book conservation whatever, I am going to get that job. That job-that job-that job...

No comments: