Tuesday, November 23, 2004

U2- new album out today!

Grated pop spintster venting about seas haunting the plains.

"Eat what you love and lose"

What are you listening to right now? (a BBC favorite)

-the machine shutting itself OFF--

(No, none of this had anything to do with U2. No U2's were harmed in the making of this entry.)

But I will comment on the album later. Just, not now as I am about to leave work and go on home home home. I need to listen to it more closely. So far, however, it rocks. I will say that I am pleasently surprised. I was worried, slightly, that it would suck. Though, I should know better. I can trace my U2 adoration and interest as far back as the Achtung years, 2nd grade? I recall watching the "One" video, the version where Bono is smoking in a skeezy bar. That sounds rather silly, I do beleive so myself, that is, to say I was an 8 year old fan of the band. That also sounds incredibly pretentious, that way I worded the sentence. Fiddlestix! I do recall likeing the song "Desire" when I was about 12 or 13, because I remember listening to it over and over on my radio bootleg tapes, that summer before 7th grade when we moved. And then I remember 7th or 8th grade, when Pop came out, and they had that whole "Discoteque" thing. See, at the time I didn't know or understand much about homosexuality...They frightened me slightly, though, I learned, lots of things, soon enough. U2 aren't gay! Well, the real deal came about in 9th grade, when I really started listening to "Sunday Bloody Sunday." That's when their Best Of 1980-1990 came out. It was one of the first cd's I had. That was also back when I didn't know what the word "cynical" meant, and I was really into the whole political thing. Though, they were young when they wrote those songs too. Not to say that they have slipped (or risen?) to cynism. Not to say that I have completely... I slowly started compiling the collection, and so it continues onto today!
Ashley, and friend that I commented on whose blog earlier, I will have a fully detailed arguement concerning my stance on the issue of How to Disassemble and Atomic Bomb later this evening-8-10 pages, double spaced, default margins, 12 point font Times New Roman, and a Works Cited page. *heart* ANGELA

No comments: