Friday, November 05, 2004

It's 3:14 in the AM...
Stacy, it's The AM,
do you know where your children are?

Are they wandering around Kennywood with crayons in their overpriced Tommy Hilfiger purse?

I'm chatting with Ashley, who is probably more awake than I am. I'm actually feeling a little dizzy, but somehow I don't want to go to bed yet. Ashley is far away in Nebraska until Xmas, and she's lonely. She says she's surrounded by right wing Christians. Ashley is a nice girl, but she's not unreasonably PC. She's frustrated by the lack of spirituality among the religous there.

It seems to me anymore that being PC gets out of hand and when I read things like "the world has not reached equality among men and women" I get annoyed by the whole thing. That's a broad statement, too broad for real consideration. Stone me if you want, but even really, really, desiring "equality" seems pointless in itself. It seems to dismiss individuality. But, I may be looking at this in the wrong way. I have to keep in mind politics.

And, stone me here too if you please, but I don't think it's possible to really extinguish such things as rape. If it is an act of violence, and violence is part of the irrationality human nature, then though it's irrational and people should be rational, it's still a part of human nature. It would be unnatural then, for there to be a race of humans who -absolutly no person, no human being anywhere to committ rape. You can't stop the act, but you can change the law's punishment. So, again, let's stay with politics.

Well, on that note, I am going to sing a happy song, and go to bed, maybe after reading some of Wuthering Heights. And then take a nap, with my teddy bear. Get up, maybe see some peaches in the sky, and have some cereal, shower dress water plants. ...

No comments: